In many cases, a business will operate a fleet of vehicles that is broken up into smaller divisions. For instance, some businesses have different locations, different types of drivers (sales vs delivery), etc. For these scenarios, we offer two solutions: Tagging and Sub-Fleet Partitioning.
Which option is best for me?
Choosing between tagging and sub-fleet partition is simple. If you are okay with administrators of one “sub-fleet” having access to other sub-fleets’ data, then use the tagging feature. For more information on how to set up Vehicle and User Tags, click here. If, however, you want to ensure that administrators of one sub-fleet cannot see other vehicles’ data, then you should divide your account into sub-fleets.
How does sub-fleet partitioning work?
Your vehicles will be divided into sub-accounts, and the appropriate users will have “master access” across some or all of the sub fleets. So, certain users will only be able to see vehicles in one account, while others will have access to multiple accounts. Master users do not have to sign out and sign back in to view different sub fleets; they can simply toggle among them in the Web Portal or Mobile App.
What are the downsides of sub-fleet partitioning?
If you divide your vehicles into multiple accounts, you sacrifice the ability to pull aggregate reports across the entire fleet. You will only be able to create/view reports about one fleet at a time, and you will only be able to view one fleet at a time on the LiveMap.
How do I set up sub-fleets?
If you already have an account with active subscriptions, please contact your Zubie Account Executive. If, however, you are activating your devices for the first time follow the steps provided below.
1.Visit https://biz.zubie.co and click “sign up” to create your first account. Follow the directions all the way through.
2. Click “Zubie Keys” from the main menu, and then proceed to activate only the devices you want in the first sub-fleet. For more info on activating Keys, click here.
3. Click “Users” from the main menu, and then proceed to add only the users you want to have access to this account. For more info on adding users, click here.
4. From the LiveMap, click on your Account Name on the top of the screen. Then, from the drop-down menu select “create new account”
5. Follow the same process from Step 1, just make sure you name the new account something different from the first one. Then, activate the relevant keys and add the relevant users for this account.
6. Repeat steps 4-5 until all of your sub accounts have been created, and all of the keys activated
You can contact Zubie support directly at 866-Go Zubie for additional support.