New Zubie Devices are shipped pre-activated for your account. Simply plug in and take a drive. Transferring to a new vehicle? Just unplug and move to the new vehicle.
Install the Device in a vehicle:
- Locate your OBD-II diagnostics port. Generally it is located in the driver’s compartment, below the steering wheel. When you insert the Key into the diagnostics port, use a little pressure to make sure it goes in all the way and gets a good connection. It’s okay to use a little pressure.
- Take drive to complete the activation (we recommend a short 1-2 minute trip in an area with good cellular service).
- You will receive an email when the activation is complete.
- Refresh the Live Map to see your new vehicle - the activation should be complete within 10 minutes.
Note: If you are installing the XT676A device, designed for use in heavy duty vehicles equipped with J1939 ports, please follow these installation instructions.
Update Vehicle Settings (Optional)
Vehicle records are automatically created when you install a device, but you may want to change the vehicle names, current odometer, or assign vehicles to groups or tags.
- Login to the Zubie Portal (app.zubie.com).
- Go to Menu > Vehicles. Select a vehicle and click the Edit (pencil) icon. Update the information as needed.
- Nickname: A unique identifier, such as a vehicle number.
- Current Odometer: Enter if not already reported by the vehicle. Used for maintenance schedules.
- Primary Driver: Required if you want a driver will be associated with trips, and receive a driving score associated with the vehicle.
- Group: Assign a vehicle to the group where vehicle is managed. See Groups for more info.
- Tags: See Tags for more info.