Before you can use Zubie Devices, they must be activated through the Zubie App or app.zubie.com.
For each device, you'll need the device (serial number), activation code, and if tracking driver activity, the Primary Driver setup beforehand.
Transferring a Zubie Device to another vehicle? Simply plug in and take a drive. No need to reactivate.
To watch the training video click HERE.
Before you start
Activating multiple devices? It is critical to record which device is installed in which vehicle. Once you receive your devices, make a list or spreadsheet indicating which Device will be installed in which vehicle, and which driver will be assigned as the primary driver. Use that spreadsheet to speed up the activation and installation process outlined below.
Activate using the Zubie Portal
- Login to the Zubie Portal (app.zubie.com).
- Go to Settings > Zubie Devices > Activate. Enter the required information:
- Activation Code: 10 digit code you received via email, or in the Zubie Device package. If you have lost your activation code, don’t worry, we can resend it to you. Click here and let us know that you need it resent. You may have to provide proof of purchase.
- Serial Number: 8 or 9 character ID found on the Zubie Device.
- Nickname: A unique identifier, such as a vehicle number.
- VIN: Optional. The 17 digit identifier for the vehicle (Only needed if car is older than 2006)
- Current Odometer: Used for maintenance schedules.
- Primary Driver: Required if you want a driver will be associated with trips, and receive a driving score associated with the vehicle.
- Group: Assign a vehicle to the group where vehicle is managed. See Groups for more info.
- Tags: See Tags for more info.
Now you are ready to install the Device in a vehicle:
- Use the Port Finder to look up the location of your diagnostics port. Generally it is located in the driver’s compartment near the steering wheel. When you insert the Key into the diagnostics port, use a little pressure to make sure it goes in all the way and gets a good connection. It’s okay to use a little pressure.
- Take drive within the next 24 hours to complete the activation.
- You will receive an email when the activation is complete.
- Refresh the Live Map to see your new vehicle - the activation should be complete within 10 minutes.
Note: If you are installing the XT676A device, designed for use in heavy duty vehicles equipped with J1939 ports, please follow these installation instructions.
Activating using the Zubie App
Not in your office? Activating is even easier from the Zubie App.