Places are the cornerstone for triggering arrival/departure alerts, and linking trips and visits to places your fleet frequents. See below on how places are used.
You should setup places for your business locations, but can also setup places for customers, areas of concern (like an unsafe driving area), or boundaries (like a state border).
When setting up a place, you can define the boundary using either a circle, or a polygon shape.
Setting Up Places in Web Portal
If you have a lot of places to setup at once, please contact email@example.com and we can assist with a bulk upload.
Option 1: Normal Setup
2. Enter an address or business name and select the match from the list. The
3. Edit the geofence.
Circle Geofence (default):
- Drag the map pin to re-center the place, if needed.
- Edit the Radius. This should cover the area where you want alerts or visits triggered.
- Click on Polygon tab. A triangle shape will appear for the address you selected.
- Drag the points to reshape the fence.
- Click and drag the points in the middle of each line to add and reposition new corners.
- You can add as many points as you need to provide a precise boundary around a location.
4. Edit the Place Name (defaults based on your search), and assign a Category.
5. By default, Zubie records visits and triggers arrival/departure alerts for a new place.
6. Optionally, set a schedule for when you'd like visits to be recorded, and arrival/departure alerts to be sent (this is an account-wide default).
7. Optionally, disable Arrival or Departure alerts. When off, trip activity is still associated with the place, you just wont receive email notifications or alerts in the web browser.
Option 2: Quick Add
1. Go to Live Map.
2. Search for an address, or right click on the map in a location you'd like to add.
3. Click Save as Place and Save.
(Note this method defaults to a radius 0.1 mile Circle Geofence and Arrival/Departure alerts to be ON)
How Places are Used
Zubie uses Places in the following ways:
1. Arrival & Departure Alerts
Get notified when vehicles enter or exit a geofence. Each account user can enable/disable Place Notifications.
2. Visits Reports & Dashboard
These provide a great way to prove to a customer how much time you spent at their location, or how many visits were made over a month.
3. Live Map
Places can be shown in Live Map, giving you context on where your vehicles are currently located, or when analyzing trip history. (> Places)
4. Trips List in Live Map, Trip Exports and Trip Reports
Place names are shown instead of the address for saved place.
5. Dispatching Nearby Drivers
In Live Map, you can Search using the name of a saved Place, and lookup the closest drivers based on Google traffic data.