Places are a key part of Zubie's location alerts and reporting. We suggest adding the most common places your vehicles drive, such as, your offices and top customers. You can also add "no drive" zones.
A place is simply any GPS point, with a configurable radius (from 1/10th a mile to 25 miles).
How Places are Used
Zubie uses Places in the following ways:
1. Arrival & Departure Alerts
Get notified when vehicles enter or exit a geofence. Each account user can enable/disable Place Notifications.
2. Visits Reports & Dashboard
These provide a great way to prove to a customer how much time you spent at their location, or how many visits were made over a month.
3. Live Map
Places can be shown in Live Map, giving you context on where your vehicles are currently located, or when analyzing trip history. (> Places)
4. Trips List in Live Map, Trip Exports and Trip Reports
Place names are shown instead of the address for saved place.
5. Dispatching Nearby Drivers
In Live Map, you can Search using the name of a saved Place, and lookup the closest drivers based on Google traffic data.
Setting Up Places
Setup places in the Zubie portal, or in the Zubie mobile app.
Do you have a lot of places to setup at once? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can assist with a bulk upload.
Adding through your browser, 2 options:
Option 1: Normal Setup
1. Go to Settings>Places. Click Add Place.
2. Enter an address or business name and select the match from the list.
3. Edit the Place Name.
4. Define the radius of the geofence that will trigger location alerts, and define visit activity. We suggest as small of a radius as possible. Avoid overlapping places if possible.
5. Set a schedule for when you'd like visits to be recorded, and arrival/departure alerts to be sent (this is an account-wide default). To disable alerts, uncheck Monday through Sunday.
Option 2: Quick Add
1. Go to Live Map.
2. Search for an address, or right click on the map in a location you'd like to add.
3. Click Save as Place and Save.
(Note this method defaults to a 0.1 mile radius and Arrival/Departure alerts to be ON)