Tags are a flexible way to associate vehicles or users/drivers based on attributes that span across your account, providing more effective location tracking and reporting. In contrast to Groups, which are use to assign users to a company structure, tags are not structured, and can be assigned to either users or vehicles.
Ideas for Using Tags
Some common uses for tags are
- Assigning vehicles or users by role, for example, sales vs. delivery
- Assigning vehicles to dispatchers
- Flagging groups of vehicles or users by capability, for example, specific types of technicians or vehicles with certain types of equipment.
- Flagging "high risk" drivers so you can monitor behavior results for a subset of your fleet
Tags can be used multiple times across users and vehicles.
How Tags are Used in Zubie
- Tag colors can be used to color-code vehicles on the map.
- The map can be filtered to show only vehicles belonging to one (or more) tags.
- Vehicle or driver dashboards can both be filtered by Tags.
- Go to Menu , then Tags
- Select Add Tag
- Give the tag a unique name (names cannot overlap - check against archived tag names if you are having difficulty).
- Select whether a tag is to be assigned to vehicles or users. It cannot be applied to both.
- Tags will be assigned a color - to change it or select your own, click the "dropper" icon . You can then use the color slider, RGB selector, or (easiest) the color picker. These colors will appear on vehicle and user lists, and the map can be set to show or hide the colors specific to tags.
Associating Vehicles to Tags
1. Go to Menu , then Vehicles
2. Put a checkmark next to the vehicles you want to tag.
3. Click Add Tag or Remove Tag choose a Tag to apply.
You can also change tags from any Edit Vehicle Settings dialog (for example, the "Vehicle Info" area on the Vehicle Overview screen).
Associating Users to Tags
1. Go to Menu , then Users
2. Put a checkmark next to the users you want to tag.
3. The control "Bulk Edit Users" will appear
4. Click Add Tag or Remove Tag choose a Tag to apply.
You can can also assign tags when creating users, or when editing individual users from the dialog.