Use Location Link to share a vehicle's real-time location with anyone until the date/time you specify.
This is a great way to let people who don't have a Zubie login locate a vehicle. Here are some examples of when our customers have used this feature :
- Enabling asset recovery teams or law enforcement to track a stolen vehicle
- Enabling partners like car dealerships to locate a vehicle on their lot
- Sharing with impound lots to confirm a vehicle is there
Watch this video to see how it works!
To create a link:
- Go to app.zubie.com > Live Map.
- Select a vehicle, either on the map or list.
- Click the share icon .
- Select a link expiration date and time (one hour is the default).
- Optionally, add a short note to share with the recipient, such as license plate number, car color or other helpful info.
- Click on . A one-time use Location Link will be created.
- Copy the Location Link, and paste in an email, SMS, or however you want to share the vehicle's location.
What recipients will see:
- After clicking the link, recipients will be able to monitor the vehicle's real-time location in the Zubie Locator web page, from any browser.
- The current location is displayed, and updated as new locations are received from the Zubie Device.
- If the vehicle is in motion, a breadcrumb trail will be shown (This trail will not appear if the Locator page is closed and opened later).
- Once the expiration time is hit, the recipient won't be able to view the vehicle location.
- Be careful where you share your link. Anyone with the link will be able to monitor the vehicle's location until expiration.