Please check the following
- By default, the device will only update its position once every 6 hours (which is 4 times per day). If you require more frequent updates, please contact support and we can change the device to 'ping' its position more often. Be aware that more pings = faster battery drain.
- If the device is in an area with poor cell coverage, its position may not update as frequently as expected - it will reconnect and transmit once it is able to send a signal.
- The device might be having trouble receiving a GPS signal - for example, in a garage or warehouse, the device will not be able to see the sky to receive a signal. See the next section below for suggestions.
- If the device position isn't updating, you can also check device battery life in the web application. On the live map, locate your device on the list of vehicles and devices on the left. The battery percentage should be easily visible, as shown here. We recommend recharging the battery any time the level drops below 10%.
Device can't get a GPS lock?
- The device cannot get a GPS lock if it’s indoors or completely inside an object with no visibility to the outside (in a box, for example). It should be able to get a lock if it’s near a window, but we would recommend that you get an initial GPS lock by first connecting outdoors.
- To force a reconnect, do a long press (hold the button down for 5 seconds, until the lights blink).
- Go to the web application and see if the device updated its position. (This may take a minute or so.)
- If you see the asset’s position update in the application after doing this, you can proceed to attach it to your asset.