Zubie's Dashcam will automatically upload "incident videos" to the cloud so that you can easily view them. We have now introduced the ability to view prior video even when it's not part of an incident such as a hard brake.
There are two requirements:
1. The Dashcam has an SD card currently inserted
2. The video you are searching for is still on the Dashcam.
The SD card in the camera is 256 GB, and it can store up to 60 hours of video. It records in a continuous loop, erasing the oldest files first as the vehicle continues to record new video. For most of our users, 60 hours of video will encompass around 3 weeks, for others, the limit might be reached in 1-2 weeks.
How to access historic video from the Zubie web application
1. From the Live Map, on the left side, select the dashcam equipped vehicle you'd like to retrieve video from. NOTE: If you move the device between vehicles, be sure to select the vehicle that recorded the trip, which is not necessarily the one where the camera is currently installed. In this case, the camera is installed in the vehicle called "Maurie the Intern," which is indicated by the camera icon.. With this vehicle displayed, click "Trips."
2. The Trips list and Trips map will appear. From the list on the left side, pick the trip you'd like to view video for. The map will highlight that specific trip.
3. At the top right of the map window, you'll see a button that says "Show All Points." Click that button and wait a few seconds for the map to update.
4. Now you're able to zoom in at a high level of detail. Use your mouse wheel or the "+/-" buttons on the right side of the map to zoom in or out. When you zoom in, you should see individual points on the map for each GPS point that was recorded, as in the image below.
5. Click on any of the trip points to bring up the details for that point, shown below. From this information bubble, you can click "Stream Video".
KEEP IN MIND: Streaming video requires our application to make a cellular data connection to your dashcam in real-time. It can take up to 30 seconds for video to load. (Think of this as waiting for a cellular phone call to connect.)
Also note that cabin audio will NOT be available unless you have specifically asked Zubie to switch it on. Please be aware that many U.S. states have legal restrictions around recording audio of employee conversations while on duty.